Requirements for maintaining certified status
Certification must be renewed every three years from original date of certification beginning in September of 2019. To renew certified status the clinician:
- Has completed all three Levels of LI training.
- Stays updated by learning and personally experiencing all new LI protocols as they are developed.
- Completes a minimum of 20 hours of continuing education with at least 6 hours of training modules and at least 8 hours of case supervision. Trainings & Supervision must be with a minimum of 2 different trainers or trainer appointed supervisors.
- Demonstrates 1 LI protocol with a client; determined in collaboration with the supervisor/consultant. This can be a video or a live demo in-person or via Skype. This counts towards the 20 hours of continuing education requirements (but it is separate from the required 6 hours of continuing training modules and separate from the required 8 hours of case supervision).
- Participates actively in a psychotherapy practice, using LI with a minimum of 5 clients per week (including candidates to certification).